Book: Synth Gems Vol. 1 by Mike Metlay
SYNTH GEMS 1 – Exploring Vintage Synthesizers: The Rare, The Odd, and The Awesome
SYNTH GEMS 1 is your guide to an eclectic and amazing collection of synthesizers as art. Experience the history, technology, and sonic innovation of electronic music in a completely new way.
As much for serious synth enthusiasts as for newcomers to electronic music, SYNTH GEMS 1 is an enlightening look into the wonderful world of vintage synthesizers.
Known classics and significant rarities - Explore the designs and read the stories behind instruments from famous brands such as ARP, Casio, Clavia, Korg, Moog, Oberheim, Roland, Sequential, and Yamaha – as well as vintage gems from Crumar, Electronic Dream Plant, Elgam, E-mu, Ensoniq, Fairlight, Kawai, Gleeman, Lord Synthesisers, Steiner-Parker, Technics, Waldorf, and more.
- 60+ selected vintage synthesizers
- 330+ unique color photos
- Foreword by master synthesist and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Vince Clarke (Depeche Mode, Yazoo, Erasure)
- 320 colorful pages printed on high-quality certified-ecofriendly paper
- Hardcover format (9.8″ x 9.8″ / 25 x 25 cm)
The Bob Moog Foundation is pleased to offer a very limited supply of signed copies of the book by author Mike Metlay in support of the Foundation. Please click here to purchase your limited availability copy while supplies last
- Thank you for your support! Proceeds from the sales of merchandise benefit our hallmark projects, Dr. Bob's SoundSchool, the Moogseum, and the preservation of the Bob Moog Foundation Archives.
- We are not supported by or associated with the manufacturing company Moog Music, Inc.
- The Bob Moog Foundation is an independent 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the legacy of Bob Moog by inspiring others through science, music, and innovation.
We Also Recommend