Book: Patch And Tweak - Exploring Modular Synthesis by Kim Bjorn and Chris Meyer
Get The Perfect Guide To Exploring Modular Synthesis
PATCH & TWEAK provides an opportunity for both new and experienced users to become true masters of their modular systems by exploring, explaining, and demystifying a range of topics relevant to anyone interested in modular synths or just synthesis itself.
A cornerstone of PATCH & TWEAK is a bouquet of inspirational interviews with significant creators and major artists. Learn about their systems, philosophies, patching secrets, performance tips, and passion for modular synthesis. Enjoy colorful diagrams, presentations of both popular and rare modules, semi-modular and software, as well as techniques for patching and how to get started. Explore and listen to the book's essential patches from artists, makers, and authors while reading. Flip the pages and load any of fifty patches from patchandtweak.com straight into the free software VCV Rack.
Learn about major synth brands
In Patch & Tweak, you'll learn about major modular synthesizer brands past and present, including Moog, Buchla, Doepfer, Verbos Electronics, Serge, Synthesizers.com, Fraptools, Mutable Instruments, WMD, Make Noise Music, Intellijel, Endorphin.es, 4ms Company, Noise Engineering, Rossum Electro-Music, Erica Synths, and Music Thing Modular. Patch & Tweak is a must-have for the bookshelf or coffee table of any synth lover.
Become a modular synth expert
Besides providing a comprehensive introduction to synthesis and its history, Patch & Tweak covers systematic sections on the concepts, purpose, and the creative potential of specific module types, along with basic patching techniques to get you started. Along the way, you'll enjoy colorful and instructive diagrams that illustrate the function of both rare and popular modules.
Created by acclaimed authors and modular experts
For PATCH & TWEAK, creator Kim Bjørn sought out the best co-author possible for a book of this kind: none other than Chris Meyer, world-renowned modular synthesis educator (learningmodular.com). Chris and Kim have created a book overflowing with helpful hints, beautiful illustrations, and hundreds of inspiring ideas, with the help of the editing team of Paul Nagle and Diana Smethurst, with assistance from Sam Molineaux, Nanna Clausen, and Isabella Bondo Bjørn.
The Bob Moog Foundation is pleased to offer a very limited supply of signed copies of the book by world-renowned modular synthesis educator and author Chris Meyer in support of the Foundation. Each of the five available copies has a unique comment from Chris hidden in the book. This secret comment is not shared publicly and copies are chosen randomly. Please click here to purchase your limited availability copy while supplies last.
- Over 700 Modules
- 38 Interviews with artists and module creators
- Hundreds of tutorials, tips, and tricks
- Foreword by synth pioneer Suzanne Ciani
- 368 colorful pages printed on high-quality certified-ecofriendly paper
- Hardcover format (9.8" x 9.8" / 25 x 25 cm)
- Thank you for your support! Proceeds from the sales of merchandise benefit our hallmark projects, Dr. Bob's SoundSchool, the Moogseum, and the preservation of the Bob Moog Foundation Archives.
- We are not supported by or associated with the manufacturing company Moog Music, Inc.
- The Bob Moog Foundation is an independent 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the legacy of Bob Moog by inspiring others through science, music, and innovation.
We Also Recommend