CD: Michael Whalen Imaginary Trains
Combining Michael’s love of 70s and 80s German electronic music (Tangerine Dream & Kraftwerk) with Michael’s masterful sound design and his arcing romantic melodies, “Imaginary Trains” is a new creative high water mark for the award-winning composer and internationally renowned recording artist.
On this release, Michael named all of the pieces before composing any of the music. "I love framing every song with a narrative, character, or a place. Imaginary Trains is about taking the listener on a journey of the heart and the mind. But before I transport anyone, I have to take the journey myself.”
Michael has graciously donated these CDs to us, so that 100% of the proceeds support the Bob Moog Foundation. We are most grateful for this Moog-mentus gift and appreciate his support!
Preview the journey and hear the title cut “Imaginary Trains” here: https://youtu.be/WvGsRiTwL3A
- Imaginary Trains
- Against the Sky
- Across the World to Be With You (feat. Ricky Kej)
- My Immortal Beloved
- The Wayward Sun
- Vox Humana
- The Ribbon of Time
- Journey to Lights Edge
- Dream Together
- Until the Night Is Over
- Distance (feat. Donna Lewis)
Release Date: April 22, 2022
- Michael Whalen - synthesizers, keyboards, sound design and programming, voice, guitar, and percussion
- Ravichandra Kulur - flute on ‘Across the World to Be With You’ and ‘Distance’
- Donna Lewis – voice on ‘Distance’
- Thank you for your support! Proceeds from the sales of merchandise benefit our hallmark projects, Dr. Bob's SoundSchool, the Moogseum, and the preservation of the Bob Moog Foundation Archives.
- We are not supported by or associated with the manufacturing company Moog Music, Inc.
- The Bob Moog Foundation is an independent 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the legacy of Bob Moog by inspiring others through science, music, and innovation.
We Also Recommend